Thursday, March 3, 2011

Do-gooders unite! Silent Auction Donations Please!










 

You’ve likely already seen a call for silent auction items for the Amber Webb-Bowerman Memorial Foundation (ie., see post below!). But I’m asking again, not just because I’m the VP of the foundation, but because it’s for a really good cause. Monies raised by the foundation go to support aspiring arts and journalism students who may very well go on to contribute to your magazine.

PLUS, if your donation has a market value of $100 or more, we can issue you a tax receipt.

We’re coming up on the third anniversary of when we so tragically lost Amber, and there are days when I still can’t believe that she’s gone. I will never fathom what happened; I guess no one will ever know. But being involved with the foundation gives me some solace that good can come even from the baddest bad.

So, I appeal to all of you to put together a little something for the auction. I know budgets are tight (when aren’t they?), but surely you have something kicking around your home or office that would make an ideal auction item. Think of it as re-gifting for a cause!

If you have a donation, please email me at setocolleen(at)gmail.com. And of course, come to the annual Alberta Magazines Conference (March 24 to 26) to bid on the items, chat with old and new friends, and of course, learn something too! 

---Colleen Seto
AMPA Blogger-in-Residence